Thursday, October 9, 2008

No pain no gain

Last weekend I was having some tooth pain everytime I would chew. Each day it would get worse and worse so on Tuesday I went to the dentist and guess what, I needed a root canal. Fortunatley I was able to get it done later that day. I pshyced myself out to much making it worse in my mind by thinking about it over and over. Everyone told me it wasn't so bad but they were wrong. I was the case the doctor called "unusual" and "that hardly happens" I won't go into the gory details but lets just say it was not until the 4th novicane shot that I finally got numb. (but they drilled the tooth after the second) Later that evening I was still feeling major pain and increased swelling in my jaw and face. Long story short I missed three days of work and it was not a vacation. I have endured lots of pain in my medical history but nothing is worse than dental issues. I am usually a pretty happy guy but when I am sick or in pain I get a little grumpy so I want to give a big "Thankyou and I love you" to my dear wife Wendy. She helped me so much and I was a grumpy face most of the time. I am begining to feel better and I hope I can return to work tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Dennison Family said...

Ouch!! Way to be the "Unusual" one! Sorry for the pain! Hope to see you up and around soon!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I imagine anyone would be grouchy under those circumstances! I hate, hate, hate the dentist. I have to get laughing gas any time they need to do anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. Your daughters are so cute! I love your wife's hotsling...great color! :)

Lisa said...

Well we already knew that you are the "Unusual One" :)

Sorry, I've been there I really shouldn't tease you about it, it's horrible.

Your girls are so dang cute. I'm glad you have this blog so I can feel like we are actually in the know as to what's going on with you.

P.S. you have awesome baby sitting skills.